What is Community Commons?
Community Commons is a collaborative initiative that exists to serve the healthy communities’ movement by helping change-makers advance equitable community health and well-being. For the last decade we’ve done that by connecting those driving change to the best tools, resources, data, and stories to support the work. We call our site “The Commons” to promote the notion that all that we create, we share together.
Community Commons 3.0
The communities movement field has evolved and so has The Commons. This new iteration takes what we learned from users and turns it into a robust platform to more fully support the important work going on today. Use the Commons to:
- Gain insight into emerging trends from thought leaders, funders, and fellow change-makers
- Search topics with a functionality that understands the nuances of community work
- Receive intuitive recommendations for resource based on your interests
- Discover content that connects you to related topics, resources, and tools
- Become inspired by stories offering new ideas, lift up what’s working and what’s been learned
All of this helps you:
- Strengthen your collaborative’s capacity to take action together
- Better understand your community's unique assets and areas of opportunity
- Access proven strategies and innovative new approaches for driving community change
- Leverage data and lived experiences to make the case to policymakers and funders
- Lead by sharing your learnings, favoriting proven resources, or starting a dialogue
We believe community improvement takes all of us, and that the most innovative, sustainable strategies come from those on the frontlines. That is why we strive to democratize data, facilitate partnerships, and lift up the voices of communities to harness our collective strength for the common good.